Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mini Twist *BREAK*

Mini Twist Time Out

I've been doing mini twists, or small twists rather, since my protective style challenge starting in August....it's time for a break!
I was not feeling spending hours twisting my hair after a long day of pre-pooing, hair steaming, detangling, shampooing, and deep conditioning....forget that!

I decided for the next couple of months, I'm going to wear chunky twists instead.
Mostly because I'm going into my winter time laziness phase LOL
Almost every natural I know has their version of mini twists they are rocking right now so I dare to be different...


These are not the best chunky twist but...they work for me and my hair feels great!

My regimen to get this style, I'm not making this up ladies, this is how lazy I got this time LOL:

Hot oil treatment: (castor oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil, tea tree oil, rosemary oil) I put this on my hair, made 10 huge twists, put a shower cap on and a long scarf wrap, went to work for 9 hours, then left it in overnight...SMH

In the am, I took down each twist, put Aubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing conditioner in and twisted my hair back up. I steamed for 20 mins then detangled and shampooed my hair, which was one of the easiest detangling session I've ever had!!!

Then I did a Rhassoul Clay treatment (Rhassoul clay, brazil nut butter, coconut oil) and left this in for a really long time lol

After that, I deep conditioned overnight with Bee Mine deep conditioner mixed with avocado bvtter, cupuacu butter, jojoba oil, and coconut oil.

Results:
My hair is amazingly soft, manageable, and shiny....

*LOVING NATURAL LIFE*





No comments:

Post a Comment