I am totally prepared more this year than ever for Fall & Winter when it comes to my natural hair. I've done a ton of research, reading, and experimenting with my hair over this past year and the connection I have with my hair is SOLID!
The main technique that truly helped me discover the do's and don'ts with my hair is finger detangling. I have been strictly finger detangling (using NO tools) during washing for 4 months now. By doing this, I can tell signs of any and every need my hair has at that point. Even when my hair is dry, I can tell if I'm getting enough moisture, if my hair needs better cleansing or has build up, etc.
My Winter Regimen:
- Pre-poo-hot oil treatment for at least 30 minutes then add conditioner for 30 minutes
- Finger Detangle in the shower
- Section my hair off in jumbo twists then shampoo or co-wash (depending on my scalp needs) Still using Terressentials Pure Earth Organic Hair Wash at the beginning of the month for clarifying
- Deep condition for 1 hour or overnight
- Huetiful steam (if I want to)
- Rinse out deep conditioner with cool water
- ACV rinse to help seal in moisture
- Use a moisturizer then an oil to completely seal
What is your winter regimen?