Sunday, October 10, 2010

*Product Junkie In Remission*

Being A Product Junkie Was Fun But.....
*EXPENSIVE*

I'm officially done ladies! I've tried my fair share of products and I finally found what works best for my natural hair, here's who made the cut and why:

Co-washing: V05 Strawberries Moisture Milk

I have used this conditioner since transitioning and there has been no other conditioner to do a better job of cleansing and softening my hair for detangling. It's cheap, cheap, cheap! $.99 to be exact, sometimes on sale for less! I mix olive oil and peppermint oil in the bottle and my scalp feels wonderful during and after co-washing, gives me that scalp tingle and fresh clean feeling I love. Vital Plus Herbal Organics did not make the cut...it's also good for co-washing but it's $3.50...why pay more for something when I can get the same results for less $$$.



Pre-poo Conditioners, Deep Conditioners, & Leave Ins:
Giovanni, Aubrey Organics, Bee Mine Products

All of these products leaves my natural hair very soft, moisturized, and conditioned.
You know how you use a certain product and after awhile it does nothing for you anymore?
These are not one of those products! I have used these consistently and I get the same results every time...these are keepers!

As my pre-poo conditioners: Giovanni Smooth Deeper Moisture..Bee Mine Balancing Avocado Cream..

As my deep conditioners: Bee Mine Bee.U.Ti.Ful..Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose..
These will be mixed with my homemade shea butter mix and left in for overnight conditioning.

As my leave in conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave In..Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk

Who did not make the cut? Giovanni Hair Reconstructor..Giovanni 50:50 Balance..Aubrey Organics White Camellia..Kinky Curly Knot Today..Dessert Essence (All conditioners)..Trader Joes Nourishing Spa..
Some of them were very expensive and not worth it, some just didn't impress me, and the others I can live without because I have products that do the same thing for less $$$.

Moisturizers & Butters:
Qhemet's Biologics, Unrefined Shea butter, Mango Butter, Safi Hair Care Products

I used Qhemet's products from day #1...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
Shea butter and mango butter is the biz!!!!! Enough said...
Safi Hair Care's Avocado Shea Butter and Curl Clouds have always left my twists soft and moisturized. Love her products! Will continue to purchase...

Who did not make the cut? Kinky Curly Curling Custard.. Oyinhandmade Juices & Berries..Afroveda Curl Define..Bee Mine Juicy Spritz..Bee Mine Curling Butter
Again, either these products were too expensive and not worth it, or I have products and my own homemade creations that work better for my natural hair for less $$$

I will continue to use my long list of oils & essential oils, herbal hennas (Cassia, Amla, Bramhi), clays (Rhassoul) and I will always try new hair recipes, but with my staple products only.

I will not be purchasing any new hair products other than my staples.
I want my hair to get use to my staple products and my consistent regimen. I feel like my hair is confused right now and doesn't know what's going to happen from one wash to the next....no more of that.

I've used up so many conditioners with my Huetiful Hair Steamer (LOVE IT) and I'm using other products I don't want anymore as quickly as I can, once everything's gone, I will be free! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment